Sushi Roll 101
If you learn this basics, you can customize and make a thinner or thicker roll by adding or subtracting ingredients and toppings! Today, I will teach you how to make "California Roll".
INGREDIENTS (8 pieces)
Japanese Sushi Rice (cooked) 155g
Full-sized Nori Seaweed 1 piece
Imitation Crab 85g
Sugar 1 tea spoon
Japanese Mayonnaise 1 table spoon
Black & White Sesame Seeds
Sauces: Mayonnaise, Sushi Sauce, Soy Sauce etc.
STEP by STEP tutorial
1. Put saran wrap on a sushi rolling mat.
2. Place nori sheet on the mat.
3. Spread rice evenly and leave 1/5 on one side.
4. Sprinkle sesame seeds.
5. Flip it upside down. (1/5 no rice side is closer to you)
6. Place imitation crab in the middle
7. Place avocado on top
8. Gently roll the sushi and press to mold it.
9. Remove rolling mat.
10. Place saran wrap on sushi.
11. Wet a knife and gently cut it into 8 pieces.
12. Place them on the plate, decorate sushi with tobiko & sauce
Enjoy them with friends and family!